UCUC is a church that welcomes children and encourages children to be children!
Most Sundays, after Children’s Chat during service, children are led to Sunday school where they have fun while learning about God and community.
And when those times occur, the Baptism of a child is warm and understandable and comfortable for the young!
We strive to teach our children about Loving God by
- introducing Sunday school to young children
- teaching children that God loves them, Jesus loves them and we love them
- giving children the experience of belonging at church
We do this with Bible stories, Bible-related crafts, movement activities and music.
We guide our children as they are Learning About God by
- teaching children about God and Jesus through parables and stories in the Bible
- sharing ways to concretely express how they can live their lives based on Jesus’ teachings
- strengthening their self image as children of God who are loved by God
- helping them to learn that they can talk to God easily
We do this by learning familiar Bible verses; hearing clear, simple stories from the Bible and praying.
Through stories, activities, and crafts, our young people (ages 4-8th grade) learn the stories of faith and how they might grow in faith, too. Parents/guardians are welcome to find out more about our Sunday School program by emailing our Children’s Ministry Coordinator, Catherine, at email@example.com. During COVID, our Sunday School will be outside, kids are required to remain masked at all times, and they will be taught by vaccinated adults.
- Ages 3 through Kindergarten
- Grades 1-2
- Grades 3-6
Each of these groups is taught by a team of 4 teachers who use a curriculum called Spark Lectionary. Through stories, activities, and crafts our young people learn the stories of faith and how they might grow in faith too.
All of our Sunday School teachers are trained on our Safe Church Policy, plus a background check is completed on all teachers. We at UCUC are committed to ensuring the safety of all children, youth and vulnerable adults. Our policy can be reviewed here.